The holiday season is in full swing! Are you looking to give back this year? Ditch the stale fruit cake and make an impact in a child’s life instead by making a charitable contribution to the Watson Institute!
The Watson Institute is a special education organization, serving children with special needs and their families in Western Pennsylvania for over 100 years!
Today, we’re sharing a few ideas to make your charitable efforts fun and exciting this holiday season, whether you are looking to make a donation personally or through your workplace!
- Does your company typically send out gifts to vendors or partner organizations each year? Make a financial contribution to the Watson Institute in their honor instead! Your contribution will help us serve children with special needs, making a lasting impact on our region without the added guilt about all of those holiday treats! Plus, you don’t have to worry about perfecting the art of gift wrapping – phew!
- Make a gift to the Watson Institute to fund a need! Did you know that a gift of $100 provides day respite services for two children? Our day respite program provides 6 hours of free time for parents of children with special needs. They can relax knowing that their children are given the opportunity to interact with other children of similar ages and different abilities in a fun, supervised setting!
- Host an Ugly Holiday Sweater Party – with a twist! Encourage your employees to make a monetary contribution to participate in the party. The winner of the ugliest holiday sweater receives 50% of the money collected, and the Watson Institute receives the other 50%! What is more fun than an Ugly Holiday Sweater Party with a charitable twist?
- Are you tired of spending hours running around the mall trying to locate the perfect gifts for your friends and family? Keep it simple this year and make a charitable donation to the Watson Institute in their honor! You can feel satisfied knowing that your contribution will help students with special needs in their family and you don’t even have to leave your house!
- Are you in a bowling league or a card club that gets together to celebrate the holidays? Suggest a charitable donation from your group this year instead of giving each other holiday gifts!
- Don’t forget to ask if your employer has a matching gift program! Some companies will offer a matching gift program in which they will match an employee’s gift to a charitable organization dollar for dollar. This is a great way to maximize your charitable contribution!
The holiday season is a great time to be both creative and charitable! This year, try one of these holiday giving tips and make a contribution to the Watson Institute to help support our special education programs and schools.
To learn about more ways to give to the Watson Institute, check out our giving page on our website.