For more than 100 years the Watson Institute has established itself as the region’s premiere resource for children with special needs. In our early years, we were a refuge to those impacted by polio and served as a location for Dr. Jonas Salk’s clinical trials for the polio vaccine.
Today, the Watson Institute offers special education schools as one of Pennsylvania’s Approved Private Schools, providing educational programs and resources for children with special needs ages 3 to 21.
Watson’s services include:
- Special Education Schools
- Training and Consultation Services
- Behavioral and Mental Health Services
- Special Education Summer Programs
- Respite Care Services
- Special Education Transition Services
Our focus has always been and continues to be on providing exceptional services to children with special needs and their families.