All new employees of the Watson Institute are required to have current Act 34 (PA Criminal Record Check), Act 151 (PA Child Abuse History) and Act 114 (FBI Federal Criminal History Record Check) clearances on the first day of employment. The clearances must meet program standards for employment. Be sure to select EMPLOYMENT PURPOSES if asked during the online process.
To obtain the necessary forms for the required clearances, please follow the instructions below:
Act 34 – Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check Form
- Click on “Submit a New Record Check” to begin the process
Act 151 – Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance Form
- Create a new account to begin the process
- The purpose for application is: “School Employee Governed by Public School Code”
Act 114 – Federal Criminal History Record Check
- Enter Service Code 1KG6V5
- Click on Schedule or Manage Appointment
- Complete the registration process and attend the fingerprint appointment
- Email your UEID code to [email protected]. This code will be on a receipt provided to you at the appointment.
The Pennsylvania Department of Education Act 168 of 2014 went into effect on December 22, 2014. Act 168 mandates employment history reviews for new employees who have direct contact with children and are hired by school entitles (i.e. school districts, intermediate units, charter and cyber charter schools, career and technical centers and private schools) and independent contractors of school entities.
Job applicants must complete a separate Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release form for each of their current and all former employers where the applicant had direct contact with children. Click on the link below to download the form, complete as many forms as necessary and mail them to:
Act 168 – Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release Form
The Watson Institute
Human Resources Department
301 Camp Meeting Rd.
Sewickley, PA 15143-8773