The Watson Institute has been caring for children with disabilities since 1917. Today, Watson continues that tradition through special education programs for children between the ages of 3 and 21 who have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Cerebral Palsy, brain injuries, neurological impairments, developmental disabilities, and behavioral and mental health challenges.
In addition to our special education schools, Watson offers additional programs to meet the needs of our children, their families and professionals who support them.
- Behavioral Health Services: Whether you’re looking for therapy services, diagnostic evaluations, Intensive Behavioral Health Services (IBHS) or social skills groups for your child, Watson offers comprehensive outpatient mental and behavioral health services for children up to age 21.
- Special Education Transition Services: At Watson, students aged 14 and older engage in special education transition services such as In-House Vocational Experiences (IHVE), Community Based Instruction (CBI), Community Based Vocational Experiences (CBVE).
- Respite Care Services: The Watson Institute offers a day respite program at two locations for children with special needs and their siblings. Respite gives family members caring for a child with special needs a chance to regroup while providing a positive camp-like experience for the child.
- Special Education Summer Programs: Do you think your child could benefit from a structured routine throughout the summer months when school is out? Watson’s summer programs may be right for you! Learn more about our camp programs and Extended School Year (ESY) and learn which is the best fit for your child.
- Special Education Training and Consultation Services: At the Watson Institute, equipping educators with the tools to support children with special needs in their home school district classrooms is an important component of our model. Learn more about our comprehensive training and consultation services to school districts and educators.
Are you looking for more information about our Special Education Programs?