The Watson Institute provides comprehensive, diagnostic evaluations and psychological testing of children when the family or primary care physician has concerns about the child’s development.
For example, does your child or adolescent have any of the following troubling behavioral patterns?
- Doesn’t respond to their name
- Avoids eye contact
- Has no speech or delayed speech
- Gets upset by minor changes
- Has obsessive interests
- Has trouble socializing with peers
- Is fearful or worries frequently
- Has issues controlling anger or behavior
- Does not respond to consequences
- Has poor grades
Having any of these behaviors does not mean a child has an Autism Spectrum Disorder or another behavioral health diagnosis, only that you should consider an evaluation. Our psychologists can get you answers.
Our mental health evaluations include:
- Initial diagnostic evaluations when a developmental, emotional or behavioral issue is suspected
- Periodic re-evaluations
- Wraparound evaluations and re-evaluations (Best Practice Evaluations)
- Neuropsychological and psychological testing services to assess specific strengths, weaknesses and learning styles
- Visits to address specific concerns
These evaluations are completed at our locations in Sewickley, Sharpsburg and Friendship. You can trust our experienced professionals to support your family through this process. Call us today to make a referral, schedule an appointment or request more information.
Background Questionnaire *Please complete the background questionnaire within 24 hours of making your appointment and either e-mail the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail the completed form to:
Watson Institute Psychological Services
c/o Intake Department
301 Camp Meeting Road
Sewickley, PA 15143
Looking to schedule a diagnostic assessment or learn more about our psychological testing services?