The Watson Institute provides meaningful internship opportunities for students pursuing degrees in a variety of fields of study. Internships help students complete the requirements for their program studies while offering meaningful, hands-on experiences serving students with specialized needs.
Gain valuable internship experience:
The Watson Institute offers internships, field studies, and clinical rotation assignments for the following fields of study:
- Speech Language Therapy / Pathology
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Behavior Therapy
- Early Childhood Education
- Student Teaching / Special Education Teaching
- Social Work
- Mental Health Therapy
- Developmental Psychology
- School Psychology
- Vision Therapy / Cortical Visual Impairment
Internships Offered At:
Learn about our special education schools and mental health programs at our convenient locations:
- Education Center Sewickley – Sewickley, PA
- Education Center South – Bridgeville / South Fayette, PA
- Friendship Academy – Pittsburgh, PA
- WISCA Autism School – Sewickley, Sharpsburg, and Bridgeville / South Fayette, PA
- LEAP Preschool – Sharpsburg, PA
Internship, field studies, and clinical rotation assignment availability will vary by program location and field of study.
- Current PA Clearances: Acts 34, 114, and 151 which must have been issued within one (1) year of the start date of the internship/placement/student teaching experience.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Interested in an internship at the Watson Institute? Submit the below form and a member of our special education school or mental health teams will be in contact to share more information!