The Watson Institute’s family of special education schools has grown! Watson has designed the new Education Center to replicate the current programming in Sewickley because we know what works! Our students with special needs will benefit from the same classroom/staffing configurations that serve them so well in Sewickley.
Special Education School Focused on Outcome-Based Programming
Through our focus on outcome-based special education programs, the Watson Institute provides comprehensive special education and supportive services for children with special needs from age 5 to 21. The Education Center South provides children with special needs such as autism spectrum disorder, cerebral palsy, neurological impairments, Cortical Visual Impairment, developmental delays, and other related special needs, with an environment to learn, adapt and achieve their full potential.
Nationally Recognized Special Education Programming
- Watson is nationally accredited by NCASES (National Commission for the Accreditation of Special Education Services) for excellence in private special education services.
Special Education Expertise
- Watson employs outcome-driven, structured special education teaching in classrooms adapted to meet the special needs of our students.
- Proven evidence-based practices such as the Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) support attention, language and social skills building, and augmentative and alternative communication skills to improve social interactions.
Comprehensive Special Education Supports
- Watson’s onsite specialists support a student with special needs’ Individualized Education Plan (IEP) as needed in the areas of speech and language, occupational and physical therapy, behavioral and vision support, and social work and nursing.
Preparation for Special Education Transition into Adulthood
- Special education transition services help our students with special needs to develop the necessary skills and confidence to navigate in the community.
- Through Community Based Instruction and social skills and pre-vocational skills development, students with special needs are better prepared for their transition post-graduation.
Parent Support Group
The Parent Support Group at the Watson Institute’s Education Center South meets monthly on Fridays from 9:30 – 11 a.m. Parent Group will be cancelled on days when school is closed or delayed due to weather or teacher in-service.
Email Lorie Turian at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Are you interested in a special education career at the Watson Institute? Check out our current openings today!
STAY UP TO DATE WITH SCHOOL COMMUNICATIONS USING e2CAMPUS!
Winter weather school delays/closings: Delays will be posted on local TV stations such as KDKA, WPXI and WTAE and will appear as Education Center at the Watson Institute. Start time in the event of a delay is 10:30 a.m.