The Watson Institute’s family of special education schools has grown! Watson has designed the Education Center South to replicate the current programming in Sewickley because we know what works! Our students with special needs will benefit from the same classroom/staffing configurations that serve them so well in Sewickley.
Approved Private Special Education School
- Licensed to serve children with special needs ages 3 to 21
- Outcome-based programs for students to learn, adapt, and achieve their full potential
- Nationally accredited by NCASES (National Commission for the Accreditation of Special Education Services)
- Outcome-driven special education teachers, staff, and support providing proven evidence-based practices for learning, social skills, speech, behavioral, and more.
- Students may elect to utilize outpatient behavioral health services but they are not necessarily required for students enrolled at the Education Center South.
Services to Support the Transition to Adulthood
The Watson Institute provides comprehensive special education transition services to our students with special needs as they prepare for their transition to adulthood. Our Community-Based Instruction program works with students to provide them with pre-vocational functional learning experiences in work-based settings. We partner with local businesses and organizations to teach transferable skills such as functional academics, community awareness, communication, personal management, safety, and career/vocational exploration.
For more information or to refer a student to the Education Center South, contact Meagan Trimbur, M.Ed., Educational Liaison.
412-749-2805 or [email protected]Education Center Referral Form
Winter weather school closings: Closings will be posted on local TV station, KDKA, and will appear as Education Center at Watson – Bridgeville. Watson will send out alerts for closings through e2Campus.
The Watson Institute
Education Center South
230 Hickory Grade Road
Bridgeville, PA 15017