The Watson Institute’s family of special education schools has grown! Watson has designed the new Education Center to replicate the current programming in Sewickley because we know what works! Our students with special needs will benefit from the same classroom/staffing configurations that serve them so well in Sewickley.
Approved Private Special Education School
- Licensed to serve children with special needs ages 5 to 21
- Outcome-based programs for students to learn, adapt, and achieve their full potential
- Nationally accredited by NCASES (National Commission for the Accreditation of Special Education Services)
- Outcome-driven special education teachers, staff, and support providing proven evidence-based practices for learning, social skills, speech, behavioral, and more.
- Students may elect to utilize outpatient behavioral health services such as diagnostic assessments, wraparound services, and therapy. These comprehensive support services are not necessarily required for students enrolled at the Education Center South but they are an option for families to use.
- Parent Support Group – this meets monthly on Fridays from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at the Education Center South. Parent Groups will be cancelled on days when school is closed or delayed due to weather or teacher in-service.
- Email Lorie Turian at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Special Education Transition to Adulthood
The Watson Institute provides comprehensive special education transition services to our students with special needs as they prepare for their transition to adulthood. Our Community Based Instruction program works with students to provide them with pre-vocational functional learning experiences in work-based settings. We partner with local businesses and organizations to teach transferable skills such as functional academics, community awareness, communication, personal management, safety, and career/vocational exploration.
Special Education Career Opportunities
Are you interested in a special education career at the Watson Institute? Check out our current openings today!
STAY UP TO DATE WITH SCHOOL COMMUNICATIONS USING e2CAMPUS!
Winter weather school delays/closings: Closings will be posted on local TV station, KDKA, and will appear as Education Center at the Watson Institute. Watson will send out alerts for delays and closings through e2Campus.
For more information or to refer a student to the Education Center South call 412-914-8800.