The Watson Institute is hiring substitute classroom therapists at Friendship Academy.
- Responsible for assisting in implementing the academic program and for implementation of the school-wide behavior support system (Watson Financial) and monitoring of student goals.
- Model how to follow the teacher’s directions.
- Maintain emotional control in the face of stressful situations and request help when needed.
- Conduct group therapy.
- Collect and record behavioral data on each student daily.
- Complete clinical progress notes on a daily basis.
- Coach students on achieving their goals.
- Develop milieu treatment goals with students for treatment.
- Evaluate the communication skills and behavioral strengths and weaknesses of a new student and participate in the development of a Functional Behavioral Assessment, Behavior Intervention Plan and/or Individual Behavior contracts for identified students.
- Responsible for safety of the group.
- Maintain positive physical environment in the classroom.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in counseling, social work, psychology or a closely related field required
- Related work experience is required
- The essential functions of the job described require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching and brisk walking, and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Current Acts 34, 114 and 151 Clearances required