The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Supervisor for our Watson Institute Social Center for Academic Achievement (WISCA) special education school program in Sewickley, PA. This positions will work Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
Supervisor Job Responsibilities:
- Participation on organizational committees within WISCA
- Coordinate student teacher placements/therapist interns with Program Director
- Conduct tours and/or arrange observations in classrooms for parents, students, and other professionals at the Education Center
- Supervise WISCA site location which includes working with building maintenance and building specific liaisons
- Contribute to process of intakes and complete intake meetings
- Facilitate and contribute to school-age RR/IEP meeting
- Attend all team meetings and all scheduled meetings as required
- Supervise classrooms and other exempt and non-exempt staff
- Supervise classrooms including monitor lesson plans, SDIs, data collection, and PBSP
- Complete classroom observations and provide feedback
- Supervise staff as assigned
- Other duties as assigned by Program Coordinator/Director
- Master’s Degree in Education required
- PA Teaching Certification in Special Education required
- Three years’ teaching experience in special education required
- Five years’ experience with students with significant needs preferred
- PA Supervisory Certificate in Special Education preferred
- Licensed Behavior Specialist or Board-Certified Behavior Analyst preferred
- The essential functions of this position as described herein require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and brisk walking and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (40 lbs.)
- The ability to keep up with running children and/or to lift or assist with lifting students is essential; ability to restrain students (when necessary for their safety) of varying weights
- Most tasks require oral communication, visual and hearing perception, and the ability to get around the classrooms, cafeteria, gym, campus, etc.
- Current PA Clearances – Acts 34, 114, and 151