The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Transition Coordinator at our Watson Institute Friendship Academy special education school. This position will work Monday through Friday.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness and Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Ongoing professional development through continued education opportunities, training, and direct staff support.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and additional voluntary benefits.
- 403b retirement plan with employer contributions and match after 1 year of employment.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Friendship, PA
- Demonstrates mastery of the content area, including relevant national and state standards in the area of Technology Education/Industrial Arts
- Demonstrates planning and preparation strategies and skills
- Demonstrates a range of instructional approaches and alternative methods of assessment priorities for the strengths and needs of diverse learners, including direct instruction, inquiry-based learning and hands-on projects which will include designing the program so that each student has a basic understanding of the operation of technology equipment (vinyl cutters, laser etchers/engraver, 3D printer, Lego Storm Robotics), power machinery and hand tools in a safe and appropriate manner
- Requires technical knowledge and skills (CAD Designs Program, Graphic Design)
- Implements strategies for motivating and managing students (i.e. Student Behavior Management System)
- Maintains records of activities undertaken in the support of classroom which may include typing forms, inputting data or otherwise retaining information regarding students and their progress in meeting instructional goals
- Provides academic feedback to students and regular progress reports
- Provides for the general cleanliness and security of the work area; assists in providing for a safe environment for the conduct of class
- Maintains and inventories computers, printers, equipment, materials and supplies required for student instructional needs
- Maintains and repairs lab machinery. Reports maintenance problems as they occur
- Demonstrates communication and interpersonal skills appropriate for working in a multifaceted program
- Updates Friendship Academy curriculum documents based on an established curriculum cycle
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. cab duty, classroom coverage, emergency substituting, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree and Pennsylvania Teaching Certificate in the area of Technology Education/Industrial Arts
- Master’s Degree is preferred
- Related work experience is required
- The essential functions of the job described herein require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching and brisk walking, and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Current PA Acts 34, 114 and 151 Clearances required