At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA - Bridgeville, PA
Team Coordinator Job Responsibilities:
- Participation on various organizational committees within the Education Centers
- Coordinate student teacher placements with Program Coordinator/Director
- Support Partners in Education (PIE) parent group
- Conduct tours and/or arrange observations in classrooms for parents, students, and other professionals at Education Centers
- Coordinate special events as they occur within Education Centers
- Facilitate both preschool and school-age RR/IEP meetings as directed
- Contribute to RRs/IEPs and progress reports
- Attend extended and individual team meetings as appropriate
- Supervise teachers and other exempt and non-exempt staff
- Monitor lesson plans and instructional materials to be used with students
- Consult with classroom teams and meet with teachers on a regular basis
- Support classroom teaching teams in the design and implementation of positive behavior support programs for students
- Support staff in behavior management procedures
- Support teachers to ensure progress monitoring of students and support teachers with day to day instruction to include data collection protocol, trend, and analyze data
- Complete classroom observations and provide feedback
- Substitute in classrooms as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Coordinator Job Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Education required
- PA Teaching Certification in Special Education required
- Three years’ teaching experience in special education required
- Five years’ experience working with students with special needs preferred
- PA Supervisory Certificate in Special Education preferred
- Licensed Behavior Specialist or Board Certified Behavior Analyst preferred
- The essential functions of this position as described herein require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching, crawling and brisk walking, and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- The ability to keep up with running children and/or to lift or assist with lifting students is essential; ability to restrain students (when necessary for their safety) of varying weights
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others
- Most tasks require oral communication, visual and hearing perception, and the ability to get around the classrooms, cafeteria, gym, campus, etc.
- Current PA Clearances Acts 34, 114 and 151