The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Teacher’s Coach for the WISCA program, a special education school program for children ages 5 to 21 in Bridgeville, PA.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Bridgeville, PA
Teacher’s Coach Job Responsibilities:
- Provide direction to teachers with resources, materials, tools, information, etc. to support instruction and planning, including new resources
- Support teachers with implementation of research-based instructional strategies that engage all students
- Provide support in analyzing student assessment data, IEP data and grades, and assist teachers in making decisions about appropriate classes and instructional strategies
- Provide support in the use and full understanding of the online curriculum
- Research and make recommendations about alternative curricula
- Provide ongoing training to teachers on IEP compliance/Progress Monitoring/IEP Writer
- Attend IEP meetings when appropriate or requested by Program Coordinator
- Receive staff call off notifications and contact/schedule substitutes
- Develop and present professional development trainings
- Provide instruction with modified schedules for students when appropriate
- Offer support to teachers with creating materials that are in alignment with curriculum
- Provide assistance in researching instructional and/or curriculum issues
- Build strong relationships with WISCA and building staff
- Review and evaluate IEPs/RRs prior to scheduled meetings
- Maintain professional competence through professional development
- Substitute in classrooms K-12th grade when needed
- Act as the PSSA/Keystone Assessment Coordinator for WISCA and WISCA South – attend trainings, train staff, organize schedule and materials, package and mail tests back to state
- Other duties as assigned
Teacher’s Coach Job Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Special Education required
- Pennsylvania Teaching Certification in Special Education required
- At least three years of teaching experience in a special education classroom
- Specialized knowledge of Pennsylvania Chapter 14 Special Education Regulations
- The essential functions of the job described herein require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching and brisk walking, which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others
- Current Act 34, 114, and 151 clearances required