Watson is hiring a full-time support school nurse at the Education Center Sewickley, a special education school for students with special needs ages 3 to 21 located less than 17 miles north of Pittsburgh, PA. This position will work Monday through Friday and follows the school calendar and summer school program schedule.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Ongoing professional development through continued education opportunities, training, and direct staff support
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, and additional voluntary benefits
- 403b retirement plan with employer contributions and match after 1 year of employment
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
Support School Nurse (LPN) Job Responsibilities:
- Complete nursing assessments; diagnose problems and provide appropriate care
- Administer medications and g-tube feedings to students according to written orders from family physicians and nursing procedures
- Coordinate school health program
- Develop and maintain student health records
- Assess and record staff work-related injuries and maintain employee health files
- Accompany students off campus for medication administration and medical emergencies
- Work under the guidance of a registered nurse
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to relate to students in tolerant, positive, encouraging and respectful manner
- Ability to routinely communicate with parents
- Ability to answer questions honestly, realistically and with sensitivity
- Ability to document detailed nursing notes daily
- Ability to work cooperatively with others as a team member
- Ability to continuously make improvements of professional skills and knowledge
Support School Nurse (LPN) Job Requirements:
- Current PA practical nurse license required
- Experience working with children with special needs preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift and position students weighing up to 40 pounds
- Current Acts 34, 114 and 151 clearances required