The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time support instructional aide at the Education Center South, a special education school in Bridgeville, PA located less than 14 miles south of Pittsburgh, PA. This position works Monday through Friday.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Bridgeville, PA
Teacher’s Aide Job Responsibilities:
- Instructional planning: review activities and organize materials
- Instructional management: manage activities, implement review procedures, implement monitoring procedures
- Organizational Skills: relate to students, document activities, contribute to the smooth operation of the Education Center, adhere to safety and health procedures
- Skill development: participate actively in the supervisory process, engage in skill development activities
- Support all programs: ability to travel to various programs (sites) and provide support
- Other duties as requested by supervisor
Instructional Aide Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor of science/arts degree preferred
- Three years of experience working with children with disabilities
- Most tasks require oral communication, visual and hearing perception, and the ability to get around the classrooms, cafeteria, gym, campus, etc.
- Supervisor students during emergency drills, play periods and community-based instruction; the ability to keep up with running children and/or to lift, position or assist with lifting students is essential to perform this task
- The essential functions of the job described herein require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching and brisk walking, which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others
- Current Act 34, 114 and 151 clearances required