The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time support instructional aide at the Education Center Sewickley, a special education school for children ages 3 to 21, located less than 17 miles north of Pittsburgh.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
Support Instructional Aide Job Responsibilities:
- Instructional Planning: review activities and organize materials
- Instructional Management: manage activities, implement review procedures, implement monitoring procedures
- Organizational Skills: relate to students, use effective interpersonal skills, participate effectively as a transdisciplinary team member, document activities, contribute to the smooth operation of the Education Center, adhere to safety and health procedures
- Skill Development: participate actively in the supervisory process, engage in skill development activities
- Support all programs: ability to travel to various programs (sites) and provide support
- Other duties as requested by supervisor
Support Teacher’s Aide Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor of science/arts degree preferred
- Three years of experience working with children with disabilities
- Most tasks require oral communication, visual and hearing perception, and the ability to get around the classrooms, cafeteria, gym, campus, etc.
- Supervise students during emergency drills, play periods and community-based instruction; the ability to keep up with running children and/or to lift, position or assist with lifting students is essential to perform this task
- The essential functions of the job described herein require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching and brisk walking, which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others
- Current Acts 34, 114 and 151 clearances required