Speech Language Therapist Job – Friendship Academy
The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Speech Language Therapist at Friendship Academy, a special education school in the East Liberty / Friendship area of Pittsburgh. This position will work Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and follows the school calendar.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Ongoing professional development through continued education opportunities, training, and direct staff support
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, and additional voluntary benefits
- 403b retirement plan with employer contributions and match after 1 year of employment
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Speech Therapist Job Responsibilities:
- Evaluate student and develop treatment plan
- Follow through on classroom management plans and positive behavior support
- Develop and complete all processes within established timeframe – which includes strengths/needs and educationally relevant long and short-term goals for IEPs, etc.
- Provide motivating, relevant activities and modify when necessary
- Communicate effectively with team members (staff, district, and parents)
- Participate in professional development activities
- Work cooperatively with others
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree or above in Speech Pathology or related field
- Current PA Speech Teaching certificate
- Current PA Speech Therapist license and certificate of clinical competence
- Three years experience in school setting preferred
- Ability to supervise students during emergency drills, play periods and community-based instruction; the ability to keep up with running children and/or to lift, position or assist with lifting students is essential to perform this task
- The essential functions of the job described herein require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching and brisk walking, and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others
- Current Act 34, 114, and 151 clearances required