The Watson Institute is hiring a casual Speech Language Therapist to work as needed with students with special needs in the WISCA program, at both locations in Sharpsburg and Bridgeville, PA.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Bridgeville, PA - Sharpsburg, PA
Speech Therapist Job Responsibilities:
- Evaluate student and develop treatment plan
- Follow through on classroom management plans and positive behavior support
- Develop and complete all processes within established time frame – which includes strengths/needs and educationally relevant long and short-term goals – for IEPs, etc.
- Provide motivating, relevant activities and modify when necessary
- Communicate effectively with team members (staff, district and parents)
- Participate in professional development activities
- Work cooperatively with others
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree or above
- Current PA Teaching Certificate required
- Current PA Speech Therapist License and ASHA Certificate of clinical competence required
- Three years’ experience in a school setting preferred
- Most tasks require oral communication, visual and hearing perception, and the ability to get around the classrooms, cafeteria, gym, campus, etc.
- Supervise students during emergency drills, play periods and community-based instruction; the ability to keep up with running children and/or to lift, position or assist with lifting students is essential to perform this task
- The essential functions of the job described herein require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching and brisk walking, and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others
- Current PA Acts 34, 114 and 151 Clearances