Watson is hiring a full-time Special Education Teacher for the LEAP Preschool program at Lifesteps in Butler, PA.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness and Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Ongoing professional development through continued education opportunities, training, and direct staff support.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and additional voluntary benefits.
- 403b retirement plan with employer contributions and match after 1 year of employment.
Special Education Teacher Job Responsibilities:
- Plan and conduct assessments – record and interpret assessment data
- Develop present education levels, goals and objectives, success criteria and specially designed instruction
- Collect daily progress on students
- Organize and maintain a safe and effective learning environment for preschool children with autism spectrum disorder and typically developing children
- Implement teaching strategies from the LEAP Quality Program Guidelines
- Utilize appropriate positive behavior strategies and techniques
- Plan, implement and adapt instructional activities
- Communicate routinely with parents and appropriate school district personnel
- Work effectively within a transdisciplinary educational team
Special Education Teacher Skills Required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with professionals from other agencies
- Ability to organize and present written and verbal information about students
- Ability to organize the learning environment of students
- Ability to work as a transdisciplinary team member
- Ability to plan and implement student instruction
- Ability to develop behavior programs
Special Education Teacher Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education; advanced degree preferred
- PA Special Education Teaching Certification in mentally and physically handicapped or specific exceptionality/area
- Experience working in an inclusive classroom environment preferred
- Experience working with young children with autism spectrum disorder
- Experience in curriculum planning for typical early childhood children preferred
- Two years’ teaching experience in special education preferred
- Early Childhood experience and certification preferred
- Ability to lift and position students weighing up to 50 pounds
- Current PA Acts 34, 114 and 151 Clearances