The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Special Education Teacher at our Watson Institute LEAP Preschool special education school in Butler, PA. This position will work Monday through Friday.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness and Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Ongoing professional development through continued education opportunities, training, and direct staff support.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and additional voluntary benefits.
- 403b retirement plan with employer contributions and match after 1 year of employment.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Special Education Teacher Job Responsibilities:
- Plan and conduct assessments – record and interpret assessment data
- Develop present education levels, goals objectives, success criteria and specially designed instruction
- Collect daily progress on students
- Organize and maintain a safe and effective learning environment for preschool children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and typically developing children
- Implement teaching strategies from the LEAP Quality Program Guidelines
- Utilize appropriate positive behavior strategies and techniques
- Plan, implement and adapt instructional activities
- Communicate routinely with parents and appropriate school district personnel
- Work effectively within a transdisciplinary education team
Special Education Teacher Skills Required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with professionals from other agencies
- Ability to organize and present written and verbal information about students
- Ability to organize the learning environment of students
- Ability to work as a transdisciplinary team member
- Ability to plan and implement student instruction
- Ability to supervise paraprofessional staff
- Ability to develop behavior programs
Special Education Teacher Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education; advanced degree preferred
- PA Special Education Teaching certification in mentally and physically handicapped or specific exceptionality/area
- Experience working in an inclusive classroom environment preferred
- Experience working with young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Experience in curriculum planning for typical early childhood children preferred
- Two years’ teaching experience in special education preferred
- Early Childhood experience and certification preferred
- Ability to lift and position students weighing up to 50 pounds
- Current PA Acts 34, 114 and 151 clearances