The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time social worker / mental health professional as part of the Training and Consultation Department to support mental health needs of students in a K-8 building in an eastern suburb of Allegheny County.
This position will work Monday through Friday, following a school district calendar. There could be the possibility of summer work if requested.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Training & Consultation Job Description:
- Provide clinical services to students.
- Conduct sessions on an individual and/or group basis to support the emotional and behavioral health needs based on the student
- Ability to engage families in the support offered to students in the school program
- Contribute to meetings with the school team reviewing goals and progress and provide updates on family or community activity and progress
- Along with the team, contribute to positive behavior support plans, as needed
- Information sharing between home and school; build trust with families
- Member of classroom teams and IEP teams, as necessary
- Collaboration with community agencies that are involved with students
- Complete documentation as specified by the school district
- Other duties as requested
- Master’s degree in a Human Services field
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, act as a self-starter, and take initiative
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and written/oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- 5 years’ work experience in a human services field
- The essential function of the job described require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching, and brisk walking
- Current PA clearances 34, 114, and 151 required