The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Family Service Coordinator for LEAP Preschool, an inclusive preschool for children aged 3 to 5 in Sharpsburg, PA. This position works Monday through Friday.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sharpsburg, PA
Family Service Coordinator Job Responsibilities:
- Provide support to families of preschool students
- Provide case management services to families (assists with helping families determine goals for child and family, coordinates resources for families)
- Provide family members with in-home behavioral and skill training as needed and generated by the family
- Develop and share materials with families relevant to their child’s individual needs
- Contributing member of the IEP team for students on caseload
- Collaborate with the classroom team in reinforcing appropriate behavior and implementing behavior plans and supporting the students’ education, safety, and health
- Meet with the classroom teams on a regular basis – information sharing between home and school
- Collaborate with professionals and others involved with the family/child (intermediate unit, child care staff, counselors)
- Coordinate and collaborate with agencies that are involved with students
- Support families through the transitions to kindergarten, back to home district, or other districts
- Schedule, plan, and facilitate support groups as needed
- Complete documentation within specific time frames
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Special education or related field required (i.e. social work, early childhood, education, psychology, counseling)
- Experience in the Behavioral Health Field preferred
- Experience in working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and other disabilities and their families
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and written/oral communication skills
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member
- Ability to work independently, act as a self-starter, and take initiative
- The essential functions of the job described herein require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching, and brisk walking, and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others
- Current Act 34, 114, and 151 clearances required