The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Master’s Level Social Worker at the Education Center South, a Watson Institute special education school for children with special needs ages 5 to 21. This position works Monday through Friday.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Bridgeville, PA
- Provide clinical support to families and students
- Provide case management services
- Contributing member of the IEP team for students on caseload
- Collaborate with classroom team in reinforcing appropriate behavior and implementing behavior plans and supporting the student’s education, safety, and health
- Meet with the classroom teams on a regular basis – information sharing between home and school
- Coordinate and collaborate with agencies that are involved with students
- Support families through the transitions – kindergarten – back to home district and into adult services
- Co-facilitate support groups as needed
- Complete documentation within specific time frames
- Consult and support staff in areas relevant to Social Worker expertise
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related clinical field
- Licensed Social Worker or Licensed LPC preferred
- Experience in working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and other disabilities and their families
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member
- The essential function of the job described herein require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching, and brisk walking, and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others
- Current Acts 34, 114, and 151 clearances required