The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Receptionist at the Education Center Sewickley, a special education school for children ages 3 to 21, located less than 17 miles north of Pittsburgh. This position will work Monday through Friday and follow the Administrative School Calendar.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Ongoing professional development through continued education opportunities, training, and direct staff support
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, and additional voluntary benefits
- 403b retirement plan with employer contributions and match after 1 year of employment
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
Receptionist Job Responsibilities:
- Receive and direct all incoming telephone calls
- Receive and direct visitors (parents/guardians, school district personnel, potential parents/students) according to established building procedures
- Responsible for addressing problems/needs for services, etc. for office equipment located in Reception/Office area.
- Prepare and send all educational correspondence and mailings (e.g. IEP invitations, IEP Progress Reports, monthly menus, and additional mailings as directed)
- Maintain Educational Mailing Lists (district liaisons, transportation, and parents)
- Assist Educational Liaison, Program Coordinator, and Teachers with various clerical duties
- Prepared required documentation for annual PDE License and annual PDE End of the Year Enrollment Report
- Maintain the Special Education Manual, In-Service Schedules as per the school calendar, Master Classroom schedules, and various personnel schedules
- Assist with lunch program management (lunch website, daily counts, student benefits/money, state claims)
- Sort mail and coordinate mailing procedures
- Coordinate Purchase Orders, track and check in items, distribute to staff, file Purchase Orders
- Monitor security camera and grant entrance to expected visitors
- Manage Pupil Information and Management System (IEP Writer, EZ School Apps, e2campus)
- Copy materials for all staff, general filing, any requested typing
- Prepare information for teachers and therapists online at the start of each school year
- Prepared attendance folders for each class
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required
- At least two years school/office experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, ACCESS Database, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills preferred
- Essential functions of this position described require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching and brisk walking. It may also involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (40 pounds).
- Current PA Acts 34, 114 and 151 Clearances required