The Watson Institute is hiring a temporary Receptionist this summer at the Education Center Sewickley, a special education school for children ages 3 to 21, located less than 17 miles north of Pittsburgh. This position will work Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. from Late June to Early August.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
- Receive and direct all incoming telephone calls
- Receive and direct visitors (parents/guardians, school district personnel, potential parents/students) according to established building procedures
- Responsible for addressing problems/needs for services, etc. for office equipment located in Reception/Office area.
- Sort mail and coordinate mailing procedures
- Coordinate Purchase Orders, track and check in items, distribute to staff, file Purchase Orders
- Monitor security camera and grant entrance to expected visitors
- Pupil Information and Management System
- Copy materials for all staff
- Prepare information for teachers and therapists online at the start of each school year
- General filing
- Any requested typing
- Prepared attendance folders for each class
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required
- At least two years school/office experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, ACCESS Database, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills preferred
- Essential functions of this position described require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching and brisk walking. It may also involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (40 pounds).
- Current PA Acts 34, 114 and 151 Clearances required