The Watson Institute is seeking a Psychologist to provide services for our Psychological Services Department. We are looking for an Independent Contractor to provide these services (1099).
Services need to be provided at our locations in Sewickley and Bridgeville. This position will work ~ 16 hours per week.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA - Bridgeville, PA
Description of Psychologist Job:
- Conduct psychological evaluations, including initial diagnostic evaluations, psychological/neuropsychological testing evaluations for wraparound services for children and adolescents who may have autism or other mental health disorders
- Conduct sessions to discuss the results of psychological/neuropsychological testing with caregivers, patients, and other service providers, as well as to provide recommendations to treat and address concerns
- Consult with staff providing direct interventions to children and families
- Supervise post-doctoral fellows when appropriate
- Provide child-centered, family-focused, individual and family psychotherapy
- Maintain therapeutic records and data necessary to monitor progress
- Complete written work within the allotted timeframe
- Collaborate with other involved professionals and agencies in order to provide unified services and continuity of care to the child and family
- Participate in treatment plan meetings
- Write individualized therapeutic treatment plans for individual therapy patients
Qualifications of Psychologist Job:
- Must possess a Ph.D./Psy.D. in Psychology
- Maintain PA Psychology license in good standing
- Complete and maintain documentation of 30 hours of Continuing Education Credits per biennium
- Previous experience working with people with autism preferred
- Experience in testing children and adolescents for mental health diagnoses, as well as conducting the ADOS-2 preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Current PA Clearances 34, 114, and 151 required
- Pre-employment medical examination, including a tuberculosis test required
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.