The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time psychiatric social worker at Friendship Academy, a special education school for children ages 5 to 21 with emotional and behavioral disorders located 4 miles east of Pittsburgh, PA. This position will work with students in the partial hospital program; Monday through Friday and follows the school calendar.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Friendship, PA
Psychiatric Social Worker Job Responsibilities:
- Provide psychiatric clinical services to patients and their families
- Conduct therapy on an individual, family and group basis
- Ability to engage families in ongoing treatment sessions
- Function as treatment team leader of the multidisciplinary team
- Develop treatment plans on assigned patients
- Collaborate with classroom staff to formulate treatment interventions for the milieu
- Meet with classroom team on regular basis
- Information sharing between home and school, treatment reviews, etc.
- Collaboration with community agencies that are involved with students
- Collaboration with educational team and participation in the IEP
- Use individual and group supervision to enhance professional growth
- Complete competent clinical documentation within specified time frames
- Competency in the delivery of evidence-based treatments
- Other duties as requested
Social Worker Job Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (Current PA License) or related clinical field required (LSW, LPC preferred)
- Strong organizational skills
- Work experience in crisis intervention is preferred
- Current PA Acts 34, 114 and 151 Clearances required
- Ability to exert moderate physical effort, typically involving some combination of bending, stopping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, and brisk walking.
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others