The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time psychiatric social worker at Friendship Academy, a special education school and Partial Hospitalization Program for children ages 5 to 21 with emotional and behavioral disorders located 4 miles east of Pittsburgh, PA.
This position will work with students in the partial hospital program; Monday through Friday and follows the Social Worker Calendar (1616 Hours).
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Friendship, PA
Psychiatric Social Worker Job Responsibilities:
- Provide psychiatric clinical services to patients and their families
- Conduct therapy on an individual, family and group basis
- Ability to engage families in ongoing treatment sessions
- Function as treatment team leader of the multidisciplinary team
- Develop treatment plans on assigned patients
- Collaborate with classroom staff to formulate treatment interventions for the milieu
- Meet with classroom team on regular basis
- Information sharing between home and school, treatment reviews, etc.
- Collaboration with community agencies that are involved with students
- Collaboration with educational team and participation in the IEP
- Use individual and group supervision to enhance professional growth
- Complete competent clinical documentation within specified time frames
- Competency in the delivery of evidence-based treatments
- Other duties as requested
Social Worker Job Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (Current PA License) or related clinical field required (LSW, LPC preferred)
- Strong organizational skills
- Work experience in crisis intervention is preferred
- The essential functions of the job described require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching and brisk walking, and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others
- Current PA Acts 34, 114 and 151 clearances required