The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Program Supervisor at the Friendship Academy special education school in Pittsburgh, PA. The Program Supervisor has leadership responsibility for the education/milieu teams to oversee and supervise the day-to-day operations of the program. This position will work Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and follows the school calendar.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Program Supervisor Job Responsibilities:
- Supervise teachers and other exempt and non-exempt milieu staff
- Check Daily Milieu Notes to ensure completion and accuracy
- Monitor lesson plans and instructional materials to be used with students
- Ensure students’ Individualized Education Plans (IEP) are developed and implemented in accordance with the procedures detailed in the Pennsylvania Department of Education’s (PDE) Chapter 14 Regulations and the Federal Individuals with Disabilities Improvement Act (IDEA 2004)
- In conjunction with the Clinical Coordinator and Education Director, facilitate the integration of educational and mental health programming for students, based on each student’s IEP and mental health treatment plan
- In conjunction with the Program Director and Education Director, facilitate the implementation of educational programming for students, based on student’s IEP
- Consult with classroom team and meet with teachers on a regular basis
- Support classroom teaching teams in the design and implementation of positive behavior support programs for students
- Support staff in behavior management procedures and manage discipline and crisis situations within the Learning Community in accordance with policies and procedures
- Support teachers to ensure progress monitoring of students and support teachers with day to day instruction to include data collection protocol, trend and analyze data
- Complete classroom observations and provides feedback
- Facilitate RR/IEP meetings as directed
- Attend Treatment Teams in conjunction with clinical staff
- Coordinate special events within the Learning Community
- Other duties as assigned by the Education Director or the Program Director
Supervisor Job Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Education required
- PA Teaching Certification in Special Education required
- Three years’ teaching experience in special education required
- Five years’ experience with children with students with significant needs preferred
- PA Supervisory Certificate in Special Education preferred but not required
- The essential functions of this position as described herein require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching, and brisk walking, and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others
- Most tasks require oral communication, visual and hearing perception, and the ability to get around the classrooms, cafeteria, gym, campus, etc.
- Current PA clearances: Acts 34, 114 and 151 required