The Watson Institute is hiring a casual Physical Therapist at the Education Center South in Bridgeville, PA. Schedule will be as needed.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Bridgeville, PA
Physical Therapist Job Responsibilities:
- Plan/conduct assessments; plan/adapt treatment for students
- Establish rules of conduct; motivate students; manage treatment and follow through on classroom management plans and positive behavior support plans
- Ability to relate to students and parents; use effective interpersonal skills; participate effectively as a transdisciplinary team member. Work cooperatively with others; communicate effectively with team members (staff, district, and parents)
- Documentation skills for IEPs, RRs, Letters of Medical Necessity, as well as treatment session and communication with parents and outside agencies
- Strong focus on adaptations and providing facilitation to enhance learning of gross motor, motor planning, and adaptive equipment (bracing, wheelchairs)
- Engage in professional development activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree or DPT in physical therapy
- Active PA license as physical therapist
- Experience preferred; school setting preferred
- Computer skills preferred
- Most tasks require oral communication, visual and hearing perception and the ability to get around the classrooms, cafeteria, gym, and campus, etc.
- Supervise students during emergency drills, play periods, and community-based instruction; the ability to keep up with running children and/or to lift, position, or assist with lifting students is essential to perform this task
- The essential functions of the job described herein require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching, and brisk walking, and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others
- Current Act 34, 114, and 151 clearances