The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Payroll Specialist with excellent communication and problem-solving skills who can process payroll effectively and efficiently for a non-profit organization. Additional sought-after qualifications include 2+ years of recent experience in the following software: ADP Workforcenow, Excel, Great Plains, and Microsoft Office products.
This position will work in the Watson Institute’s administrative offices at our Sewickley, PA location, located less than 17 miles north of Pittsburgh, PA. This position will work Monday through Friday.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contact employees/supervisors via email and phone to obtain electronic timecard corrections and approvals
- Provide support to employees regarding the use of payroll-related systems including entry of electronic timecards, online access of pay statements, etc.
- Data entry into Excel and the ADP payroll system, and duties such as filing and scanning
- Download and distribute/save bi-weekly reports as instructed
- Builds and run custom reports out of ADP
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Remit tax payments by collecting and verifying data for LST tax only, initiating payment as needed
- Reconcile W2 statements to wage and tax register
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Provide payroll information relating to all internal and external audits
- Other duties as assigned
Payroll Specialist Job Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in accounting or relevant field is a plus
- Minimum of 3+ years of payroll experience with working knowledge of payroll best practices
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel
- ADP/WorkforceNow knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong work ethic, must be disciplined and focused to work alone or as part of a team
- Must demonstrate professionalism at all times
- Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data
- Payroll systems for 400+ employees experience desired
- Understanding of federal and state payroll regulations and requirements
- Current Acts 34, 114, and 151 clearances required