The Watson Institute is hiring a casual outpatient social skills group therapy aide at the Sewickley, PA location. This position will work with a social skills group on Tuesdays from 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
Therapy Aide Responsibilities:
- Assist a Mental Health Therapist in providing group therapy to children/adolescents who have an Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Supervise children/adolescents during group therapy lessons/activities under the direction of a Mental Health Therapist
- Assist in the implementation of behavior management techniques
- Assist children/adolescents in developing social skills and facilitate development of peer interactions
- Relate to group participants using effective interpersonal skills; contribute to the smooth operation of group activities/lessons
- Cooperation and collaboration with a Mental Health Therapist supervisor
- Communicate with staff and families in a positive and professional manner
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some college credits towards a degree in a related field (e.g. Education, Special Education, Psychology, Social Work, Counseling) preferred
- Complete necessary training successfully
- Current PA Acts 34, 114 and 151 clearances
- Available to work weekday evenings