The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time occupational therapist at the Education Center Sewickley, a special education school for children ages 3 to 21 located less than 17 miles north of Pittsburgh, PA.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Ongoing professional development through continued education opportunities, training, and direct staff support
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, and additional voluntary benefits
- 403b retirement plan with employer contributions and match after 1 year of employment
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
Occupational Therapist Job Responsibilities:
- Plan/conduct assessments of students; interpret data; develop IEPs; plan and adapt treatment
- Establish rules of conduct; motivate students; manage treatment and follow through on classroom management plans and positive behavior support plans
- Establish purpose; present information; monitor and adjust treatment as needed; maintain appropriate pace
- Ability to relate to students and parents; use effective interpersonal skills; participate effectively as a transdisciplinary team member; work cooperatively with others; communicate effectively with team members (staff, district and parents)
- Engage in professional development activities
- Strong focus on adaptations, scaffolding and providing facilitation to enhance learning of oral motor and fine motor skills, visual perception, activities of daily living skills, assistive technology and motor planning skills
- Knowledge of evaluation assessments and interventions of Sensory Processing skills, as well as movement and handling techniques
- Documentation skills for IEPs, RRs, Letters of Medical Necessity, as well as treatment session and communication with parents and outside agencies
- Other duties as assigned
Occupational Therapy Position Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current PA Occupational Therapist License
- Experience in a school setting preferred
- Supervise students during emergency drills, classroom activities; the ability to keep up with running children and/or to lift, position or assist with lifting students is essential to perform this task
- The essential functions of the job described herein require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching and brisk walking, and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others
- Current Acts 34, 114 and 151 Clearances