The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Nutrition Team Supervisor. This position will supervise nutrition staff at the Education Center in Sewickley, PA, located less than 17 miles north of Pittsburgh, PA and Education Center in Bridgeville, PA, located less than 14 miles south of Pittsburgh, PA.
This position will work Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA - Bridgeville, PA
Nutrition Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Completes all necessary reports and paperwork for the National School Lunch Program including reports in PEARS and PrimeroEdge
- Supervise Nutrition Staff and provide orientation and training for new Nutrition staff members in the department by demonstrating basic duties of the job
- Act as the point of contact for our Food Service Provider including ordering the food and supplies
- Make selections and create the monthly menu
- Send out and collect household applications at the beginning of each school year and as new students enter the Program
- Monitor and review necessary statistics for government reporting
- Complete required continuing education/training as required by the Department of Agriculture – Food and Nutrition Service and coordinate these trainings for other Nutrition Staff
- Maintain adequate inventories of food and supplies
- Assist with preparation and serving food for students and staff
- Assist with the cleaning and dishwashing, as well as the care of some equipment as needed
- Ensure that all food products are stored in accordance with State, County, and Federal Health and Food guidelines
- Ensure high standards for safety/sanitation by following the Department of Health guidelines
- Other duties as requested/assigned
Nutrition Supervisor Requirements:
- Associate’s Degree preferred
- High school diploma/GED required
- Two years relevant experience in school nutrition programs preferred
- Certification in ServeSafe or ability to obtain the certification successfully
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with reading recipes and basic math conversions
- Must possess computer skills in MS Office, including Excel
- Must have ability to travel to and from multiple program locations
- Ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, or brisk walking
- Current PA Acts 34, 114 and 151 clearances