The Watson Institute is hiring a part-time Nutrition Coordinator at Friendship Academy, a special education school for children with emotional and behavioral disorders located 4 miles east of Pittsburgh, PA.
This position will work Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Friendship, PA
- Supervise nutrition aide(s) in the operation of the Watson Institute Friendship Academy
- Plan weekly number of meals to be served/ordered from provider
- Prepare and serve food daily for students and staff following established protocols
- Order food and supplies as needed from provider
- Maintain adequate inventories of food/supplies where applicable
- Keep necessary statistics for government reporting (receipts, temperature/cooking logs)
- Maintain orderly, clean kitchen within the Department of Health regulations
- Other duties as requested/assigned
- Complete required continuing education/training as required by the Department of Agriculture – Food and Nutrition Service
- High school diploma or GED
- Certification in ServeSafe, or ability to obtain the certificate
- Ability to interact with a variety of staff and students
- Ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, or brisk walking
- Current PA Act 34, 114, and 151 clearances required