The Watson Institute is hiring a part-time Mental Health Clinician for the outpatient psychological services department in Sewickley, PA. This position will work flexible day hours and two evenings per week until 9:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
This position will be eligible to be considered for full-time employment status if an average rate of 26 billable hours per week is achieved and sustained for a 6-month period.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
Clinician Job Responsibilities:
- Provide child-centered, family-focused, individual and family psychotherapy to children with autism and other psychiatric disorders
- Conduct patient and family assessments and collaborate with attending psychiatrist to determine diagnosis and appropriate treatment plan
- Conduct individual, group, and family therapy with assigned patients
- Function as a liaison with community agencies and organizations to facilitate continuity of patient and family care
- Participate in ongoing Professional Development
- Maintain accurate and complete case records and quality documentation according to established timelines in accordance with regulations
- Meet productivity requirements as set by the Director
- Attend Outpatient supervision and treatment team meeting
- Other duties as assigned
Clinician Job Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Mental Health Field (license eligible)
- Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker strongly preferred
- Significant clinical experience in a psychiatric setting working with children and families diagnosed with a variety of psychiatric disorders as well as the provision of family/group/individual therapy
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including some evenings for Psychological Services
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and written/oral communication skills
- The essential functions of the job described require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching and brisk walking, which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Current Act 34, 114, and 151 clearances required