The Watson Institute is hiring full-time Instructional Aides at the Education Center South.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Ongoing professional development through continued education opportunities, training, and direct staff support
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, and additional voluntary benefits
- 403b retirement plan with employer contributions and match after 1 year of employment
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Bridgeville, PA
Instructional Aide Job Responsibilities:
- Instructional Planning – review activities, organize materials
- Instructional Management – manage activities, implement review procedures, implement monitoring procedures
- Organizational skills – relate to students, use effective interpersonal skills, participate effectively as a transdisciplinary team member, document activities, contribute to the smooth operation of the Education Center, adhere to safety and health procedures
- Skill Development – participate actively in the supervisory process, engage in skill development activities
- Support all programs – ability to travel to various programs (sites) and provide support
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Teacher’s Aid Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor of science/arts degree preferred
- Three years experience working with children with disabilities
- Most tasks require oral communication, visual and hearing perception, and the ability to get around the classrooms, cafeteria, gym, campus, etc.
- Supervise students during emergency drills, play periods and community based instruction; the ability to keep up with running children and/or to lift, position or assist with lifting students is essential to perform this task
- The essential functions of the job described herein require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching and brisk walking, and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of moderate weight (40 pounds).
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others
- Current PA Acts 34, 114 and 151 Clearances required