The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Information Services Support Specialist at our Sewickley location.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
IS Specialist Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain, document and manage support for all computer-related equipment and software at the Watson Institute and related sites. This includes, but is not limited to, the support of print and file services, workstations and mobile computing devices, Microsoft Windows server software, all currently utilized Windows clients, Backup Systems and printers; also assist in the maintenance of current inventory status on all equipment and software
- Maintain, document and manage all network related operations, including user access. This includes, but is not limited to, support and maintenance of all switches, routers, firewalls, system security, DHCP servers, DNS, TCP/IP, Ethernet, wireless devices, communications devices, and cabling
- Provide end-user “Help Desk” support for all computer systems and related equipment used by staff
- In coordination with the IS Manager and the appropriate supervisors and department directors, provide proactive design, planning, and implementation coordination for all IT related system and software enhancements
- Support the use of technology in the classrooms and through staff development activities and training
- Support all facility locations
- Other duties as required
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Technical experience with Microsoft Windows 7 and 10, MS Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, Exchange 2013, MS Hyper-V and Active Directory, Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 2013
- Proactively learn new network applications, principals and technology innovations
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail
- Current PA Clearances 34, 114 and 151 required