The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Human Resources Manager. This position will work in the Watson Institute administrative offices at our Sewickley, PA location, located less than 17 miles north of Pittsburgh, PA. This position will work Monday through Friday.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
Human Resources Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee talent acquisition for the organization including direct involvement in evaluating and screening applicants
- Partner with supervisory level staff and above to resolve staff issues of all levels, including addressing complaints, providing guidance on best practices for investigations, and direct participation in resolution as necessary
- Partner with outside legal counsel as needed for advice on best practices and issue resolution
- Oversee, administer, and organize the leave of absence process including FMLA, ADA, personal and ARPA/FFCRA leaves
- Act as a member of the Watson management negotiation team for union negotiations as applicable
- Play a significant role in safety for the organization, including tracking progress for worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare for all audits and licensure renewals as applicable for each program with help of other HR staff
- Responsible for annual revision of the employment handbook and other annual policy reviews, along with development of new policies as needed
- Continuously analyze compensation for employees to ensure competitive and equitable rates, making recommendations as necessary to the Senior Leadership Team and executing updates as approved
- Present information to large groups of employees at all programs, including annual in-service policies and procedures training, annual benefits renewal updates, and other topics as needed
- Actively involved in benefits management and administration including communication with brokers, staying informed of benefit trends, communicating changes to employees, overseeing the open enrollment period, and annual completion of 1095-C and 1094-C forms
- Manage the relationships with third party staffing agencies as needed
- Other duties as assigned
HR Manager Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Resources area, business, or other closely related field required
- HR professional level certification (e.g. SHRM-SCP) strongly preferred
- Three years of HR Generalist experience (recruitment, benefits, and employee relations) required, five or more years strongly preferred
- Prior experience with ADP Workforce Now or a similar HRIS strongly preferred
- Ability to use sound independent judgement when making decisions
- Ability to effectively multitask and frequently change priorities as organizational needs adapt
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Skillful with technology including Microsoft Office experience (Excel, Word, Outlook), ability to quickly learn new systems
- Ability to frequently travel/commute to all Watson locations as needed
- Able to properly handle sensitive and confidential information as appropriate
- Current Acts 34, 114, and 151 clearances