The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Human Resources Assistant. This position will work in the Watson Institute administrative offices at our Sewickley, PA location, located less than 17 miles north of Pittsburgh, PA. This position will work Monday through Friday.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
HR Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Benefits management and administration, including enrollment, changes, terminations, and COBRA administration
- Retirement plan administration for employees in the pension plan or 403(b) retirement plan including scheduling timely appointments with broker for new employee enrollment meetings in the 403(b) plan
- Acts as the primary point of contact for employee inquiries as they relate to benefits, paid time off, retirement, employee handbook, HR policies and procedures, etc.
- Enter all employment status changes into ADP with accuracy, including new hire information, terminations, address changes, tax filings, promotions, position transfers, etc.
- Complete ADP batches for each company for necessary adjustments to benefits, local service tax, etc.
- Complete various reports throughout the year, including census data for insurance carriers, salary reports, and other reports as needed
- Complete monthly check of licenses/certifications for required renewals, send notices and reminders out as appropriate
- Notify supervisors of calendar year staff of due dates for performance evaluations on employees’ anniversary/review dates
- Review HR department mail and completion of various forms such as Act 168 forms, unemployment claims, work verifications, etc.
- Process tuition reimbursement requests from employees, ensuring all required documentation is included prior to approval
- Process check requests for the HR Department as applicable
- Other duties as assigned
Human Resources Assistant Requirements:
- Associates degree in business management or administrative assistant or at least five years’ experience working in human resources field
- Highly knowledgeable in working with ADP Workforce Now payroll and HR system
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to work in an environment that handles sensititve, confidential information
- High degree of attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Current Act 34, 114 and 151 clearnaces required