The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Human Resources Administrative Assistant. This position will work in the Watson Institute administrative offices at our Sewickley, PA location, located less than 17 miles north of Pittsburgh, PA. This position will work Monday through Friday.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
Admin Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain confidential employee data and records which include certifications/licenses, clearances, offer letters, etc.
- Collect documentation required for new hires including sending new hire paperwork and ensuring completion prior to start date
- Maintain current and terminated employment files for all staff
- Data entry in ADP which may include employee payroll changes, new hire information, work injuries, etc. along with reporting and tracking as needed
- Submit workers injury claims through carrier. Send required documentation to employee for medical treatment
- Track and distribute certificates of insurance. Request new certificates of insurance as needed.
- Reconcile monthly benefit invoices, track new hires/terminations, produce check request for all groups, notify carrier of necessary changes
- Assist with recruitment and hiring efforts for summer programs including new hire paperwork, clearances, and required trainings
- Collect data to complete salary surveys and insurance renewals
- Assist and collect necessary documentation for yearly audits and licensure reviews. Submit and track with appropriate programs
- Coordinate events including holiday parties for staff, Wellness Week for all programs along with Career Fairs and HR events
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree in office administration or related degree strongly preferred
- 3+ years of experience in administrative role required
- 2+ years of HR experience strongly preferred
- Skillful with technology including ADP Workforce Now, Microsoft Office experience (Excel, Word, Outlook), ability to quickly learn new systems
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to properly handle sensitive and confidential information as appropriate
- Current Act 34, 114, and 151 clearances required