The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time janitor for the afternoon shift at the Sharpsburg, PA location. This position will work Monday through Friday, 1:00 PM – 8:30 PM
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
- On-the-job training in machinery and equipment used by the facilities management team.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sharpsburg, PA
Janitor Job Responsibilities:
- General cleaning, mopping and vacuuming of classrooms, bathrooms or any other assigned areas of the facility
- Stripping and waxing of floors
- Outside maintenance and lawn care
- Snow removal when needed
- Minor electrical repairs
- Minor mechanical repairs
- All other tasks necessary to maintain a clean and safe environment
- Other duties as assigned
Janitor Job Requirements:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills
- Ability to follow directions well and work independently
- At least one year janitorial experience preferred
- Some electrical and mechanical knowledge
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Current Act 34, 114 and 151 clearances