The Watson Institute is hiring a special education teacher for the extended school year (ESY) summer program at our WISCA special education program at our Bridgeville, PA, located less than 14 miles south of Pittsburgh, PA.
Schedule: ESY program runs July 8 – July 30, 2021 – All Days Mandatory
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Bridgeville, PA
- Plan and conduct assessments – record and interpret assessment data
- Develop, maintain and monitor present education levels, goals, objectives, success criteria and specially designed instructions for Individualized Education Plans (IEP)
- Plan, implement and adapt instructional activities
- Organize and maintain a safe and effective learning environment
- Utilize appropriate behavior management strategies and techniques
- Communicate routinely with parents and appropriate school district personnel
- Work effectively within a transdisciplinary educational team
- Participate in Education Center activities
- Supervise activities of classroom aide(s)
- Must be available for all dates in the program
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred
- PA Special Education Teaching Certification in mentally and physically handicapped or specific exceptionality/area
- Two years teaching experience in special education preferred
- Current PA clearances – Acts 34, 114 and 151
- Ability to lift and position students weighing up to 40 pounds