Mandatory Training Days will be held on June 24 & 25, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
ESY runs from June 26 – July 24, 2019; Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
No ESY on July 4th and July 5th
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Locations: Sewickley, PA and Bridgeville, PA
- Plan and conduct assessments – record and interpret assessment data
- Develop, maintain and monitor present education levels, goals, objectives, success criteria and specially designed instructions for Individualized Education Plans (IEP)
- Plan, implement and adapt instructional activities
- Organize and maintain a safe and effective learning environment
- Utilize appropriate behavior management strategies and techniques
- Communicate routinely with parents and appropriate school district personnel
- Work effectively within a transdisciplinary educational team
- Participate in Education Center activities
- Supervise activities of classroom aide(s)
- Must be available for all dates in the program
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree – advanced degree preferred
- PA special education teacher certification in mentally and physically handicapped or specific exceptionality/area
- Two year’s teaching experience in special education preferred
- Current PA clearances – Acts 34, 114 and 151
- Ability to lift and position students weighing up to 40 pounds