Thank you for your interest. This position has been filled. Check out our Careers page for current openings!
ESY Special Education Teacher Jobs – Education Centers
The Watson Institute is hiring special education teachers for the ESY (Extended School Year) Program at the Education Center Sewickley and the Education Center in Bridgeville, PA. All training and program dates are mandatory. Staff will work from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
There is a mandatory staff training day on Wednesday, June 28, 2023.
The Education Center 2023 ESY program dates are: Wednesday, July 5 – Friday, July 21, 2023.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Employment Type: Seasonal
Location: Sewickley, PA - Bridgeville, PA
301 Camp Meeting Road | Sewickley, PA 15143
- Plan and conduct assessments – record and interpret assessment data
- Develop, maintain and monitor present education levels, goals, objectives, success criteria and specially designed instructions for Individualized Education Plans (IEP)
- Plan, implement and adapt instructional activities
- Organize and maintain a safe and effective learning environment
- Utilize appropriate behavior management strategies and techniques
- Communicate routinely with parents and appropriate school district personnel
- Work effectively within a transdisciplinary educational team
- Participate in Education Center activities
- Supervise activities of classroom aide(s)
- Bachelor’s degree required – advanced degree preferred
- PA special education teacher certification in mentally and physically handicapped or specific exceptionality/area
- Must be available for all dates in the program
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Two years teaching experience in special education preferred
- Current PA clearances – Acts 34, 114 and 151
- Ability to lift and position students weighing up to 40 pounds