ESY Instructional Aide Jobs – WISCA
The Watson Institute is hiring paraprofessionals/instructional aides for the summer ESY (Extended School Year) program in our WISCA Autism School at the Bridgeville and Sharpsburg, PA locations. Staff hours are 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Staff are required to work all ESY dates.
There are two mandatory staff training days on July 5th and July 6th, 2023.
The WISCA 2023 ESY Schedule is as follows:
- Monday, July 10 – Thursday, July 13
- Monday July 17 – Friday, July 21
- Monday, July 24 – Thursday, July 27
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Employment Type: Seasonal
Location: Bridgeville, PA - Sharpsburg, PA
230 Hickory Grade Road | Bridgeville, PA 15017
ESY Aide Job Responsibilities:
- Instructional Planning: review activities, organize materials
- Instructional Management: manage activities, implement review procedures, implement monitoring procedures of instruction, some instruction will be delivered online
- Organizational Skills: relate to students, use effective interpersonal skills, participate effectively as a transdisciplinary team member, document activities, contribute to the smooth operation of the program, adhere to safety and health procedures
- Skill Development: participate actively in the supervisory process, engage in skill development activities
Paraprofessional Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Three years’ experience working with children with disabilities preferred
- Most tasks require oral communication, visual and hearing perception, and the ability to get around the classrooms, cafeteria, gym, campus, etc.
- Supervise students during emergency drills, play periods and community-based instruction; the ability to keep up with running children and/or to lift, position, or assist with lifting students is essential to perform this task
- The essential functions of the job described require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching and brisk walking, and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others
- Current Acts 34, 114, and 151 clearances