The Watson Institute is hiring an Instructional Aide for the ESY (Extended School Year) program at our WISCA special education program at our Bridgeville, PA, located less than 14 miles south of Pittsburgh, PA.
Schedule: ESY Program runs July 8 – July 30, 2021; Monday through Friday
*All days are mandatory
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Mandatory Training Days on July 8, 2021 and July 9, 2021
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Bridgeville, PA
- Instructional Planning: review activities, organize materials
- Instructional Management: instruction is delivered online, manage activities, implement review procedures, implement monitoring procedures of the online instruction
- Organizational Skills: relate to students, use effective interpersonal skills, participate effectively as a transdisciplinary team member, document activities, contribute to the smooth operation of the program, adhere to safety and health procedures
- Skill Development: participate actively in the supervisory process; engage in skill development activities
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor of science/arts degree preferred
- Skilled in the use of gathering knowledge online
- Three years’ experience working with children with disabilities
- Most tasks require oral communication, visual and hearing perception, and the ability to get around the classrooms, cafeteria, gym, campus, etc.
- Supervise students during emergency drills, play periods and community-based instruction, the ability to keep up with running children and/or to lift, position or assist with lifting students is essential to perform this task
- The essential functions of the job described require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stopping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching, and brisk walking, and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others
- Current Acts 34, 114 and 151 clearances