Thank you for your interest. This position has been filled. Check out our Careers page for current openings!
ESY (Extended School Year) Program Information:
- ESY at The Education Center in Sewickley, PA is a valuable classroom experience in a special education environment that consists of adapted educational and therapeutic services for children with autism, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, neurological impairments, developmental delays, brain injuries and other impairments. Age ranges for students are 5-21. ESY runs for four weeks, late June through mid-July, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- ESY at Friendship Academy in Pittsburgh, PA is designed for children with emotional needs who would benefit from educational/therapeutic programming. Friendship Academy’s ESY program is designed to facilitate progress towards individualized academic and behavioral goals throughout the summer within a structured learning environment. Age ranges for students are 5-21. ESY runs for four weeks, late June through mid-July, Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Apply Now to be an Instructional Aide for ESY!
Employment Type: Seasonal
Location: Sewickley, PA - Friendship, PA
Instructional Aide Job Responsibilities:
- Review planned classroom activities
- Organize materials
- Manage and document activities
- Adhere to safety and health procedures
- Personal care and hygiene of students (Education Center only)
- Participate actively in the supervisory process
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working with children with special needs preferred
- Current PA Clearances- Acts 34, 114, and 151
- Training is Act 48 credits approved
- Mandatory training dates on June 16th and June 17 for The Education Center
- Mandatory training dates on June 20th and June 21st for Friendship Academy
- Must be available all four weeks of the program