The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Educational Liaison at Friendship Academy, a special education school in the Friendship neighborhood of Pittsburgh. This position will work Monday through Friday.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Coordinate Friendship Academy student intakes which includes the following:
- Informing districts/parents/service providers about the program
- Maintain the referral tracking system to ensure a smooth and timely intake process
- Attain necessary public school student records are received to help evaluate if the potential student can be appropriately served at Friendship Academy
- Schedule intake meetings, write intake Individualized Educational Plans (IEPs) and prepare other new student information forms necessary for student accounting
- Conduct intake IEP meeting
Responsibilities for students enrolled:
- Coordinate scheduling the IEP meeting for the purpose of reviewing restraints
- Attend IEP meetings
- Assist with transcript credits for high school students
- Maintain the student enrollment data system and share monthly with Chief Operating Officer, Finance Department, and Directors
- Collaborate with the Billing Supervisor for full tuition student billing
- Checking updates and changes within APSEM
Coordinate the reintegration of students to their public school which includes:
- Meet with Friendship Academy school team to review reintegration student data
- Communicate with School District LEA and family to discuss reintegration opportunities
- Coordinate and attend IEP meetings to ensure that the necessary changes in the IEP are completed and endorsed by the school district and the parents
- Provide ongoing support to the student and consultation to public school
- Schedule and attend tours at public school with students
Other Responsibilities are as follows:
- The Educational Liaison will conduct staff training
- Perform other duties pertinent to the job as directed by the Program and/or Education Directors
- Ongoing communication between district representatives for currently enrolled students
- Attend trainings for updated laws and regulations pertaining to Special Education
Liaison Job Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Special Education
- Current PA teaching certification in Special Education
- At least three years of teaching experience in a special education classroom
- A firm understanding of special education laws and regulations required
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Effective Communication Skills
- Current PA Act 34, 114 and 151 clearances required