The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Educational Liaison Assistant, serving the Education Center Sewickley, Education Center South, WISCA, and LEAP Preschool programs for children with special needs ages 3 to 21. This position works Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and follows the administrative school calendar.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA - Bridgeville, PA - Sharpsburg, PA
- Maintain all data on student/family calls inquiring about enrollment into Education Centers, LEAP Preschool sites, and WISCA programs
- Work collaboratively and communicate frequently with the Educational Liaison
- Assist with the coordination of students into and out of the Education Centers, LEAP Preschool sites, and WISCA programs
- Schedule tours of families interested in the programs and eventually conduct tours in conjunction with the Educational Liaison, and then become independent with tours
- Complete interviews with families
- Ability to organize, monitor, and track information for the databsae
- Assist in gathering information on students from current providers
- Assist in gathering necessary paperwork for the intake work to begin
- Travel to various sites
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferred fields include English, Journalism, or Communications
- Experience with children with special needs, preferred
- PA Driver’s License
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent computer skills, comfortable working in Microsoft Office products; Database management
- Work independently, self-starter, and self-motivated
- The essential functions of the job described herein require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching, and brisk walking, and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Current Acts 34, 114, and 151 clearances