The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Educational Liaison Assistant, serving the Education Center Sewickley, Education Center South, WISCA, and LEAP Preschool programs for children with special needs ages 3 to 21. This position works Monday through Friday and reports to the Education Liaison.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
- Work collaboratively with the Educational Liaison
- Coordinate transition of students into and out of the Education Centers, LEAP Preschool sites, and WISCA programs
- Schedule and conduct tours
- Complete interviews with families
- Communicate frequently and collaborate with the Education Liaison
- Assist in gathering information on students from current providers
- Assist in completing the Intake IEPs, necessary paperwork, etc.
- Communicate with parents and appropriate school personnel
- Travel to various sites/flexibility
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience with Special Education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience or knowledge of PELICAN and IEP Writer
- The essential functions of the job described herein require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching, and brisk walking, and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Current Acts 34, 114, and 151 clearances