The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Education Director for the Friendship Academy special education school program.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Friendship, PA
Education Director Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design, development, and delivery of special education to the Friendship Academy program in accordance with Pennsylvania state and federal regulations
- Directly supervising all education staff
- Hiring staff for the Friendship Academy education program
- Overseeing the development of education staff
- Developing and following financial budgets for the program
- Conducting data collection and reporting
- Building and maintain strong relationships with school district representatives
- Meeting all school district requirements
- Communicating on a daily basis with staff, parents, and school district representatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Education or Special Education
- Supervisor of Special Education Certificate, must already be completed or in the process of completing
- Five years of Special Education teaching experience
- Three years of school administrative experience
- Knowledgeable about educational trends, research and innovative practices in education
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills required
- Proven problem solving skills and decision making skills
- Advanced proficiency with computer skills and Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Essential functions of this position described require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching, and brisk walking; it also may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Current Acts 34, 114 and 151 clearances required