The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Director of Facilities to manage the maintenance of all Watson locations in Sewickley, Bridgeville, Sharpsburg, and Friendship.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
- On-the-job training in machinery and equipment used by the facilities management team.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
Director Job Responsibilities:
- Manage the construction and maintenance of facilities, grounds, equipment, and vehicle fleet. Reviews, plans, budgets, and schedules facility modifications.
- Responsible for the day-to-day activity of maintenance and environmental services staff and supervising assigned personnel at all Watson buildings and campuses. May include hiring, orientation, training, scheduling, evaluation, and disciplinary action.
- Ensures compliance with government, health, and safety standards. Develop, implement and maintain preventative and routine maintenance tracking system and provide an appropriate level of response time to work orders in accordance with the organization’s operating procedures, practices, and financial considerations.
- Coordinate the maintenance functions for major items such as boilers, chillers, and control systems. Work with vendors to develop maintenance agreements/contracts on such items as mechanical, control systems, and elevator inspections.
- Coordinate safety and prevention program to include annual safety training, drills, evacuations, policies, and procedures. Responsible for the design and implementation of safety and security measures for all Watson campuses.
- Responsible for the coordination and preparation of the annual maintenance and environmental services budget.
- Develop and maintain five-year capital needs budget for the buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, management, or related field preferred.
- Minimum five years of facilities management and supervisory experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all applicable codes and regulations.