The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Computer Science and Technology Educator Instructor at Friendship Academy, a special education school for children ages 5 to 21. This position will work Monday through Friday.
This position will instruct all students within Friendship Academy K-12 through career technology and STEM exploration and will support classrooms with creating STEM Mobile Labs.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Friendship, PA
Instructor Job Responsibilities:
- Instruct classes in computer lab / makerspace and demonstrate a range of instructional approaches and alternative methods of assessment appropriate for the strengths and needs of diverse learners, including direct instruction, inquiry-based learning, and hands-on projects which will include designing the program so that each student has a basic understanding of the operation of technology equipment such as vinyl cutters, laser etcher / engraver, 3D printer, Robotics, power machinery, and hand tools in a safe and appropriate manner
- Assist with Friendship Academy’s Student Information System: PowerSchool
- Requires technical knowledge and skills
- Coordinate the PSSAs and Keystone Exams
- Create and provide STEM / Makerspace challenges for students across grade levels
- Maintain hands-on STEM mobile lab for special education teachers to utilize within their classrooms
- Support the use of technology in the classrooms and computer lab through staff development activities
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. classroom coverage, emergency substituting, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree and Pennsylvania Teaching Certificate in the area of Technology Education and/or Teaching Certificate in Computer Science
- Master’s Degree is preferred and Teaching Certificate in the area of Technology Education and/or Teaching Certificate in Computer Science
- Related work experience preferred
- The essential functions of the job described require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching, and brisk walking, and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of m moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Current Act 34, 114, and 151 clearances required