The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Community Based Specialist to serve students with special needs at both the Education Centers in Sewickley and South Fayette.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Ongoing professional development through continued education opportunities, training, and direct staff support
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, and additional voluntary benefits
- 403b retirement plan with employer contributions and match after 1 year of employment
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA - Bridgeville, PA
Specialist Job Responsibilities:
- Instructional Planning: Prepare and review activities; organize materials at a vocational partnership site, adult training facility, and/or community setting.
- Instructional Management: Manage CBI activities; implement review and monitoring procedures, necessary data collection, school meetings, and IEP requirements.
- Adhere to safety and health procedures, Department of Labor Guidelines, CBVE guidelines, IEP requirements, and individual agency regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal and professional interactions with the individuals at the schools, the vocational partnership sites and adult training facilities.
- Organizational Skills: Maintain accurate and prompt data collection; participate effectively as a prepared team member; contribute to the smooth operation of the Community-Based Instruction Program.
- Skill Development: Participate actively in the supervisory process; engage in skill development activities.
- Community-Based Instruction: Provide support and instruction to students in a vocational and community setting.
- Vocational Site Development: Develop partnerships with local businesses and community organizations for the purposes of CBI activities.
- Daily travel required to various schools, contract sites, adult agencies, and/or vocational partnership sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field required
- Experience working with adolescents with special needs working on functional life and vocational skills either in a classroom and/or a work related setting
- Three years of experience working with children with special needs preferred
- Current PA Acts 34, 114 and 151 clearances