Thank you for your interest. This position has been filled. Check out our Careers page for current openings!
The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Community Based Specialist to serve students with special needs at both the Education Centers in Sewickley and South Fayette.
- Instructional Planning: Prepare and review activities; organize materials at a vocational partnership site, adult training facility, and/or community setting.
- Instructional Management: Manage CBI activities; implement review and monitoring procedures, necessary data collection, school meetings, and IEP requirements.
- Adhere to safety and health procedures, Department of Labor Guidelines, CBVE guidelines, IEP requirements, and individual agency regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal and professional interactions with the individuals at the schools, the vocational partnership sites and adult training facilities.
- Organizational Skills: Maintain accurate and prompt data collection; participate effectively as a prepared team member; contribute to the smooth operation of the Community-Based Instruction Program.
- Skill Development: Participate actively in the supervisory process; engage in skill development activities.
- Community-Based Instruction: Provide support and instruction to students in a vocational and community setting.
- Vocational Site Development: Develop partnerships with local businesses and community organizations for the purposes of CBI activities.
- Daily travel required to various schools, contract sites, adult agencies, and/or vocational partnership sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field required
- Experience working with adolescents with special needs working on functional life and vocational skills either in a classroom and/or a work related setting
- Three years of experience working with children with special needs preferred
- Current PA Acts 34, 114 and 151 clearances
Employment Type: Full-time